- Steve graduated from the PGA Business School in 1986, and was elected as a PGA Member in 1987.
- He has trained and worked at some of the finest facilities in the country, from Angel Park Golf Club in Las Vegas, Nevada to Myrtle Beach National in Myrtle Beach South Carolina.
- Former Director of Instruction at Squaw Creek Golf Club
- He is also the former Boys Varsity Golf Coach at Trinity Valley School in Fort Worth.
- Steve is a Eyeline Golf "4PE" Certified Putting Instructor.
- He has been teaching golf in the Fort Worth/Mid-Cities, Texas area for the past 31 years.
- Has attended several PGA Teaching & Coaching Summits, as well as a PGA Sports Psychology Workshop and a Ben Hogan Club Fitting Workshop.
- SNAG Golf Training Certification
- Titleist Golf Ball Fitting Certification
- Teaching Philosophy: Steve’s approach to teaching is to keep it simple for every student to understand and improve. He is a big believer that the golf swing is based on the pre-swing fundamentals. These include the grip, stance, posture, ball position, aim, and alignment. "My job is to remove any unnecessary movement, and to simplify your swing thoughts for a more consistent swing."
To schedule lessons with Steve,
contact Stacy Mapel at:
NOTE: Please visit
"Lesson Fees/Events" for prices.